Military Policy & Weapons/Chobham body armor?

How good of a body armor would a centimeter thick plate of Chobham armor be? Would it be capable of stopping most bullets?

Chobham armour is a mix of diffrent materials, configured in diffrent thicknesses, and mounted on vehicles, in an angle towards most probable line of attack.
Even if properly scaled down you would lose the angle effect on a body armour application, the effect that increases the line of sight trough the armour.

The main material used in chobham is probably steel and ceramics. Steel is heavy and cumbersome which would impede movement if used in a body armour.

A ceramic plate offers resistance against 7.62 at a lower weight than a steel plate with similar protection.

If you want higher level of protection you will have to sacrifice movement and agility.  

Military Policy & Weapons

Peter Eriksson

Im capable of answering many of your questions about modern Main Battle Tanks and their configuration/construction/sub-systems. I can also tell you a thing or two about MBT ammunition like the DU-projectiles and Hollow Charge munitions if you like.

I work as a technical officer in the Swedish armoured corps. I work on a daily basis with modern systems like the Leopard 2 MBT and the CV9040 IFV. This is something I have done for more than 10 years.

15+ years of service in the Swedish Army