Military Policy & Weapons/Croat/Serb weapons

I am writing a novel that takes place in Florida and I need some help with details. Croatian assailants were using Serbian Zastava M91s. 1) Can they be sold in the US to whomever or would they have to get them illegally? 2) If it was illegally, can it be done by a corrupt owner of a legit-on-the-surface weapons business? 3) I am also featuring the HS2000, but does Croatia make a sniper rifle? If yes the other two questions would apply to that model? Thanks in advance!

!) They were shown it the 2014 & 2015 shot show, There supposed to be imported but the deal was shelved by century arms. We do not know the reason why. Can they be sold here, yes. However they not been sold here yet.
Is it possible an illegal one could slip into the country somehow? Its possible but highly unlikely. Import-Export of arms are highly regulated. If came in it be by smuggling by organized crime. Anyone in arms trade would not risk the legal fall out of smuggling one.
In Eastern bloc a number of nations make the DRAGUNOV rifles including sniper versions. Those are legal in USA while they were imported. If you need it to Zastava rifle the M76 rifle was sold in USA. They can be found on This one chamber in USA round 30-06 Springfield a far more accurate than any of old Soviet rounds. In all honest almost ANY bolt action hunting rifle with high tech optics added and glass bedded stock and trigger job can be a sniper rifle. US M-40 sniper is just Remington 700 rifle with a heavy barrel.

2) no see above

3) The HS2000 is imported into the US and sold under the name Springfield Armory XD
here what avail. These are all chambered in common US calibers only.

This company makes a bull pup design rifle. Those are urban combat rifle. Short distances and tight places basically.

If you had basically a hit team in from from another country, they most likely buy common, hard to trace, stolen American made arms, from the black market. Using what amounts to exotic arms make it much more likely you will be caught. If they are smart they use a bolt action rifle as opposed to semi auto rifle. Semi auto the cases rejected with great force.  This is so you can the shell casing with you. Shell casing can matched to weapon that by tool markings. You also choose a revolver over a pistol for the same reason. You leave evidence behind as possible. You not going buy any of the weapons at dealer, online or at gun show, too easy to trace it and there are background checks and paper work.

Feel free to ask follow ups

Military Policy & Weapons

Paul Edward Zukowski

Military use in foreign affairs

I had planned a carrer in US Army and completed the first 2 years of Army ROTC at UCONN. Unforunately the physical kept me out. Since then I have studied military history, tactics and weapons on my own. I have a special interest in the weapons of Springfield Amoury.
A general biography my fit more here so I offer the following. (it appears on on all my profiles) After all who we are affects our opinions or even inadvertently effect of statements of fact. I hold a AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ. and a BA from Trinity College, Hartford Ct. Plus 11 other professional certifications. I have received 31 awards for various activities. My writings published in ?The Other Voice? and other publications. I have had my original music published, licensed and recorded by David Kaye. I have been a guest on CyberRadio & TV and many other talk radio programs. I welcome interviews and I am willing to act as a technical advisor to various media. I am single and have resided in Hartford, Ct. since 1976. I have no children. I am a political conservative with libertarian leanings. I am a registered Republican. I am a Roman Catholic. I have worked in the following areas, entertainment, real estate, mortgage banking, and human services. I have owned 2 businesses. Some of my interests include politics, law, history, and current events.Hobbies I partake in include music, target shooting and cars (my Camaro rumbles) If you wish to find out more about me, feel free to visit my web page PEZmans World
You can find me in many other areas of

Current Events: U.S.
U.S. Politics
Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics
Military Policy & Weapons
Military History
U.S. History
Supreme Court Cases
Crime & Law Enforcement Issues & Death Penalty
Miscellaneous, Serial Murder, Rape, Arson and other sexually motivated crimes
2nd Amendment and Right to Bear Arms
Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports
Conspiracies & Extremism
Careers: Music
Hartford, Ct.
Trinity College, Hartford, Ct.
Eastern Connecticut State University

Organizations belong to

Cleo of AX Alpha Chi (former Alpha Chi Chapter of DKE)
National Rifle Association
Connecticut State Rifle and Revolver Assoc.
Windsor Marksman Assoc.
The Republican Party
The Roman Catholic Church
History of Hartford Project

Publications and Media Appearances

?The Other Voice? published articles.
?The Frogbelly Local? published articles.
?Hey Little Lady? {song} published Americord Records
Talk Radio appearances include;
Mornings with Ushi, CyberRadio & TV, Broadcast in Los Angles CA. worldwide via the internet.
The Lynda Mercer Show on Power Talk WULF 94.3 FM Radcliffe, Kentucky
The Allen Price Show on WRVA Newsradio 1140 AM Richmond, VA
and many more.
I have been a tech advisor to more than a dozen authors.

AS from Eastern Conn. State Univ.
BA from Trinity College
11 other professional certifications

I have received 31 awards and honors for various activities.