Mind Games/mind games

Question
Hello,
  My name is Raquel.I met my boyfriend online three years ago. The first six months were perfect but after the six months things started to change. The affection, love, communication, passion, everything came to a screeching halt. I tried for the past two and a half years to figure out what happened. He finally came clean to why he acted that way with me. His response was You didn't do what I told you to do with your son so until you do it I'm not giving you what you want. I was floored... This man watched me cry, go through depression, and be unhappy for two and a half years. We have been together for three years. He lies about everything, his temper is getting worse with me, he's demanding, and extremely jealous of men and women. I'm very confused please HELP?  Thank very much Raquel

Answer
Hi Raquel!  Sorry for the late response.

I'm not sure how exactly how you want me to help, but I have to admit, I don't really understand why you were with a man for three years who, basically, stopped loving you for the majority of it.  I would have to question whatever rationalization you've come up with that induced you to not only endure two and a half years of this but also continue to endure it, particularly when his explanation is so nonsensical.

Rather than focusing on trying to figure him out, I'd suggest taking some time to introspect and figure YOURSELF out.

If there's anything specific I can help you with, feel free to write a follow up and let me know.  Until then, take care!

Mind Games

Brian