Mind Games/Slept with next door neighbor?

My next door neighbor and I had a one night stand on the fourth of july. There were fire works outside and one thing led to another and we ended up sleeping together. He told me that he wasn't ready for a relationship right now, He already has a couple kids and had gotten divorced a year or two ago or so. and I had just gotten divorced this past year as well. The sex was amazing. We ended up having sex two more times in the past couple weeks. but now it has been over a week, and he hasn't contacted me. we live right by each other, so its kind of awkward, and hard. and the thing is, I have this very strong attraction to him now, and it hurts living right next to him, knowing he probably doesn't feel the same. i'm not sure how to handle this situation. I don't want to talk to him about it or bother him, I don't want to annoy him. i'm not sure how he feels. but if he liked me back at all, you would think he would have contacted me now after a week right? should I try texting him, or just wait and see if he contacts me first? I don't understand why it hurts so much thinking he is ignoring me? we only slept together a few times, but it was amazing. how do you think I should handle the situation. ? Its hard to ignore some one you live literally right next too. ?

I understand your pain. It must hurt a lot.
However, it seems he is probably level-headed and with divorces and kids in his past and present he is very careful about what he will do next, and very aware of the costs of getting involved again.
Give it time, and don't chase him.
You may feel it much easier to get over that if you have someone else to play with in the mean time.

Mind Games

All kinds of questions about psychological aspects of dating, both online and face-to-face.

Have been a dating consultant and coach for more than 10 years. Expert in lifestyle design, communication patterns, psychology applied to dating and relationship management. Several years of experience working with adult industry and online dating industry as a consultant both to consumers and to the design and improvement of dating web sites.

Expert in the application of Neuro Linguistical Programming to persuasion, seduction, and communication in general. Vast knowledge of applied psychology to dating and relationships. Significant experience with alternative lifestyles like swinging, BDSM, and polyamory.