Miniature Collecting/inquiry about something

Question
QUESTION: dear mosh

from longtime I m interested in creating diorama and miniatures composition

I want to ask you the difference between diorama and miniatures ?

last thing , is their any kind of studies course in Norway let me improve my creativity regarding diorama and miniatures design ?

thanks

ANSWER: Deer Esteemed asker.

Let me just start to clear up your question.

To me the difference between Miniatures and Diorama is like this; Miniatures are meant to be replicas of other objects simply on a smaller scale. Minatures can be used for display either alone or as a bigger set up. (In my mind a full arrangement of miniatures.) I would say that a diorama is when you take a single (or few) models out of the full arrangement and put them in an action sequence, for example a fight scene.

Miniatures would refer to a single miniature whereas a diorama is a set up regarding more than the miature aka setting it in a context /landscape.

To my knowledge there is not a single study for miniatures/Diorama, but i would maybe reccomend; "Norges Kreative H°yskole" for a more general creativity study. http://nkh.no/

I hope this helps you out and i wish you all the best.

Mosh

scene
scene  
scene 2
scene 2  
QUESTION: about studies thank you I ll check the links

I understood from your sound that miniatures is just tiny minimized figure for any view
but diorama is using figure to tell stories or express a scene

for instance , sometime I imagined a expressive scene give specific meaning or idea , I m trying to apply this by collecting small character , sets , materials , leaves any thing and stick them on a cartoon board in specific points to express this scene

so what I did is diorama or miniatures
I had attached a pics support what I meant ?

please advise

Diorama_Goldendeamon
Diorama_Goldendeamon  
ANSWER: Hi.

Technically to me your pictures looks more like a display of miniatures than a diorama.
By diorama i am thinking of something closer to this.

(Image is not my work and does not represent what you might make at entry level)

QUESTION: hello dear

thanks for your cooperation , oops , first off I want to say that the pics you had attached is awesome , this kind of arts I like , you know , when I found this pieces in antique store , I purchased it immediately

but I observed that the pics is expressing a sequence of scenes , is that right ?

I still confused between both also what in mind as previous description I mentioned

" imagined a expressive scene give specific meaning or idea , I m trying to apply this by collecting small character , sets , materials , leaves any thing and stick them on a cartoon board in specific points to express this scene "

so is this descried as miniatures or diorama ?

last thing , after few researches online I found something called ( miniatures diorama ) , also other thing called "  vignette "

whats vignette ?

thanks

Answer
Hello Again.

Your description of what a diorama to you seems fairly accurate. My image example is not a sequence just seen from different angles. The distinction from a display is that a display wants to show ONLY miniatures and in standard poses. Dioramas requires a bit more setup to show a scene either  by furniture or landscape around several miniatures.

I would put in in this order:

Miniature > Vignette (a mini diorama of 1 character at one point in time (an action is required to separate from a display) > Diorama > Arrangment/Battlefield (in an inorderly fashion)

I would suggest to you to trying it out for yourself and seeing how you like it and create your own style of what you want it to be

""imagined a expressive scene give specific meaning or idea , I m trying to apply this by collecting small character , sets , materials , leaves any thing and stick them on a cartoon board in specific points to express this scene "" This gets the nail right on the head, just need some refinement to make it into a piece.

Hope this helps.

M.

Miniature Collecting

Mosh