Miniature Horses/Miniature horses

I have 3/4 of an acre as land and that includes my house, pool and a massive shed. As for my backyard I have 1/4 of land left and was wondering is that enough land to keep a miniature horse? She would be exercised daily and the grass here is a really good green colour so she should be healthy. Thanks :)

Thanks for your question.  I would say, Yes, that is enough land for a mini.  They require a lot less than a full size horse.  The reality is that it is hard to keep them at a good weight.  I hope it all works out well for you.  When you are ready to teach your horse some tricks, check out my website  Lots of fun with a mini horse!

Heidi Herriott

Miniature Horses

Heidi Herriott

I am a professional horse trainer and entertainer specializing in trick horse training, performing with horses, and miniature horses. I can answer questions about traveling, training, trick training, general feed and care.

Heidi Herriott is proud to be a third generation performer, animal trainer and lover, and animal welfare advocate. Her career has taken her throughout North and South America. As a child, she traveled and performed with her famous circus family, and with various circuses including Ringling Bros., and as an adult continuing the family tradition. Heidi performs with her horses, as a circus ringmaster, animal trainer and presenter, and circus and special event producer. Heidi loves training, traveling and performing with her animals! Heidi has presented and/or trained a variety of animals throughout North America training. including horses, mules, elephants, camels, llamas, pigs, dogs, cats, goats, zebra, and more. Venues included fairs, theme parks, circuses, zoos, television productions, game shows, dinner theatres, horse shows, rodeos and special events. Role included all aspects of animal care and management including transporting, program for care, housing, nutrition, permitting and regulatory issues, as well as training and presenting.;

International Association of Fairs and Expositions Outdoor Amusement Business Association Florida Federation of Fairs

my website;; More magazine; USDA Animal Care guidelines; Showtime Magazine; The Faircracker; Fairs and Expos

My experience lies in my lifetime of hands on dealing with all types of animals, specializing in miniatures.;;

Pet Star Winner with a mini trick horse silver and bronze medals and the Sarasota Circus Festival Guest MC - Ringling Museum of the Circus

Heidi and her horses have been featured performers at, trained for, and/or collaborated with the following companies: Ringling Bros. Circus, Down Under Horsemanship, Lynn Palm's Women Luv Horses, Mississippi State Fair, Missiouri State Fair, Champlain Valley Exposition, NC State Championship Horse Show, International Andalusian Alliance, Animal Planet, Pet Star Show winner season 3, Nickelodeon Studios, Walt Disney World, Southwick Zoo, Arabian Nights Orlando, Diamond S Rodeo and Wild West Show, Six Flags Theme Parks,