Minor League Baseball/20 y/o in SoCal

Question
Hi there.
I've been out of playing baseball for almost 3 years and want to get back into it. I want to live the dream and make it in the pros, however I know we must start somewhere.
I started playing baseball when I was 6 until I was 18. I did pretty well in high school despite being on a not so successful team. I played travel ball from 15-18. I pitched mostly and got to play against a few guys that got drafted and went to college, they never stood out to me and I always felt confident that I could play at the next level as well. I have no idea how hard I can grow because I've never new around a radar gun, but everyone tells me that's good because I don't focus on how hard I throw.
I'm 6'3" about 170 and regularly work out so that when I do get my chance ill make the most of it.
Would going to a tryout be my best bet to help scouts see me and get my name out there?

Answer
Samuel,

If you haven't played ball in 3 years, my suggestion to you is to join a baseball club or try out for an independent team in your area, then evaluate yourself and your situation a few months into the season. you'd embarrass yourself going to a tryout if you haven't played in such a long time. good luck.

tom

Minor League Baseball

Tom