Minor League Baseball/Gotta itch and need to scratch it

I'm 28 years old RHP 5"11 175. I know everything is against me, always has been at my size. I topped out at 97mph and sat 89 to 94. Very live arm and still have it. I played Indy ball in the can am after college but had knee problems. I have come to find out that its all about who you know. In the past, I knew no one. Now I am the pitching coach for Craig Biggio at st. Thomas HS. I was part of the Angelina ju co starting staff with clay bucholtz, josh Tomlin, and Andrew cashner.  I am the only one not in the big leagues. Now that I have connections... I am thinking of working hard this summer to build up legs and ask if Biggio can get me some legit shots with scouts... I have been clocked for fun throughout the HS season and have been at 93. Both acl's have been reconstructed which was the shot to the heart during physicals. Would like to here your thoughts. Thanks, Matt Paradoski

my response is this: if that is your dream (and you certainly have the skills to back that up) then i say go for it. you don't want to regret not trying when someday, you're bouncing your grand kids on your knee. it'll make a great story some day, making or not. good luck.

Minor League Baseball

I am am best suited to answer questions regarding minor league baseball prospects.

Originally, i started doing this because I became engrossed researching prospects for a fantasy baseball league. Back then all I really wanted to do was answer questions about baseball prospects. Funny how time flies but fifteen years later I have been asked questions regarding the negro leagues, what minor leaguers get paid, why players don't rub their injury when they get hurt, and how players can tryout for the minor leagues to name only a few. I was recently in correspondence with a father of a marine who lost several fingers while in Iraq; he was later drafted by the Padres and is playing in their minor league system. Additionally, I get a lot of questions from guys asking me if i think they can be successful at these tryouts or if they should tryout at all. I do my best to answer every one's question without overstepping my bounds of knowledge. *sometimes i have to tell people that I just can't answer their question.* And sometimes I have to tell people that they just aren't good enough to be a professional ball player.* Most recently i have received two negative feedbacks from people who didn't like my response. one 30 year old guy who hadn't played since he was a teenager asked me if he really had a shot at making the tryouts. realistically, i said no. i guess he didn't appreciate my bluntness but that was the truth. I am not really an 'expert' in anything. I just answer people's inquires, give some conservative, advise or tell them 'I don't know.' After fifteen years I have realized that i do fulfill most questions satisfactorily which keeps me doing this.