Minor League Baseball/RE: Baseball college/indy

Question
Hi Tom, I graduated from High school June/2013..I am 18yrs old, and going to community college near my house.  I played HS ball all 4yrs, made all-district team Junior & Senior year.  How would i go about getting college coaches to give me a shot at playing ball at the next level?  And also how do i find independent teams to play with to keep up my skills.  I live in Houston Texas.  

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Answer
Matthew,

my first question is do your skills and stats warrant a shot? first of all, you need to be in the school first before you can try out for the team. i suggest you pick a school and talk to the coach. question him and get as much info as you can so if you decide to speak with another college coach, you'll be better prepared...as far as playing independent ball, just google independent baseball teams in your area and call them to ask about try outs. good luck?

tom

Minor League Baseball

Tom