Minor League Baseball/does ge play a factor?

im a college student who just turned 24 and am wondering is my age going to be a factor for continuing to play ball for a college team and what options do I have available to possibly open more opportunities for myself. And to not leave an information out I'm a lefty, big hitter, outfield, first base, reliever when needed. Just want to know if my age is a factor in possible future outcomes and also what sort of things should I look into to further my career as a ball player, and/or how to get interest of either managers or scouts ? I wouldn't want to give it up. Been playing since I can walk and have accomplished a lot.

If you're already playing ball for your college don't think your age will be a factor. I'd ask your coach to make sure. You may want to try out for an independent team in your area. Half way through the season, assess where you are, then take it from there. good luck.

Write back any time.

p.s. yes, your age is a huge factor determining your potential. the older you are, the less potential you have to get better.  

Minor League Baseball

I am am best suited to answer questions regarding minor league baseball prospects.

Originally, i started doing this because I became engrossed researching prospects for a fantasy baseball league. Back then all I really wanted to do was answer questions about baseball prospects. Funny how time flies but fifteen years later I have been asked questions regarding the negro leagues, what minor leaguers get paid, why players don't rub their injury when they get hurt, and how players can tryout for the minor leagues to name only a few. I was recently in correspondence with a father of a marine who lost several fingers while in Iraq; he was later drafted by the Padres and is playing in their minor league system. Additionally, I get a lot of questions from guys asking me if i think they can be successful at these tryouts or if they should tryout at all. I do my best to answer every one's question without overstepping my bounds of knowledge. *sometimes i have to tell people that I just can't answer their question.* And sometimes I have to tell people that they just aren't good enough to be a professional ball player.* Most recently i have received two negative feedbacks from people who didn't like my response. one 30 year old guy who hadn't played since he was a teenager asked me if he really had a shot at making the tryouts. realistically, i said no. i guess he didn't appreciate my bluntness but that was the truth. I am not really an 'expert' in anything. I just answer people's inquires, give some conservative, advise or tell them 'I don't know.' After fifteen years I have realized that i do fulfill most questions satisfactorily which keeps me doing this.