Minor League Baseball/Age fairness.

Hello, my name is Justyce and I've read a lot of questions and answers regarding the age aspect of playing the game.  I am also one of those individuals in that same situation. I am currently at the age of 28 and I will be 29 this march. I am determined to get back in the game. When I was younger I ate, sleep, breathed baseball. I broke my leg at a young age, went to college, played ball for a little, but I couldn't completed the season because my grades slipped and that was more important to me. At that time, I was going through my darkest moments in life. Lost my fiance, mother almost dying, trying to stay in school, taking care of responsibilities, it was a lot. I don't mean to give you my life story, but I just wanted you to know where I was coming from in case your asking yourself; why did wait so long. My question is; I've seen in a few post you've recommended the independent leagues or baseball clubs for people like myself. I must say I have done my research and in my area, baseball clubs is not a big thing here not to mention by the looks of things it for people in there mid 40's to 50's. I have done extensive research for the indy leagues and all of them have that limitation that say players (cannot  attained twenty seven (27) years of age prior to January 1 of that playing season). With your knowledge; why recommend that knowing they have this limitation? What does that say about the people like myself, who has that desire, and the skills and want to get back into the game, but with every turn there's a wall there blocking us?

not all indy leagues have that limitation. if you're looking at indy leagues for players wanting to move up, then I'd say some or most of them have that limitation. but many do not. it also depends where you live. the more populated area you live in or near, the more leagues you will find.
are you looking to play because you enjoy playing or do you think you are good enough to play minor league ball and are looking for a try out? these options have different paths. also, when was the last time you played competitively? you didn't indicate you were playing; that and your age don't bode well if you think you're good enough to play minor league ball. im sorry to be so blunt that's the real deal.
write back any time and good luck with the decisions you make.

Minor League Baseball

I am am best suited to answer questions regarding minor league baseball prospects.

Originally, i started doing this because I became engrossed researching prospects for a fantasy baseball league. Back then all I really wanted to do was answer questions about baseball prospects. Funny how time flies but fifteen years later I have been asked questions regarding the negro leagues, what minor leaguers get paid, why players don't rub their injury when they get hurt, and how players can tryout for the minor leagues to name only a few. I was recently in correspondence with a father of a marine who lost several fingers while in Iraq; he was later drafted by the Padres and is playing in their minor league system. Additionally, I get a lot of questions from guys asking me if i think they can be successful at these tryouts or if they should tryout at all. I do my best to answer every one's question without overstepping my bounds of knowledge. *sometimes i have to tell people that I just can't answer their question.* And sometimes I have to tell people that they just aren't good enough to be a professional ball player.* Most recently i have received two negative feedbacks from people who didn't like my response. one 30 year old guy who hadn't played since he was a teenager asked me if he really had a shot at making the tryouts. realistically, i said no. i guess he didn't appreciate my bluntness but that was the truth. I am not really an 'expert' in anything. I just answer people's inquires, give some conservative, advise or tell them 'I don't know.' After fifteen years I have realized that i do fulfill most questions satisfactorily which keeps me doing this.