Minor League Baseball/single a shot

First off thank u for sharing ur knowlage with every one on here
My name is sean I'm 21 years old I had a scout approach me while practicing at the batting cages from the Dayton dragons
And he was asking me where I played baseball i told him I don't play and he told me to think about playing again and gave me his card my story is I played in high school and was vary good I had scouts looking at me from freshman year but the next year I tore my rotator cuff and joined the army at 17 I'm just now finnishing my contract and figured out my arm strength is back thanks to the army and I've been going to the cages a lot and I'm realising I'm still a good batter I can put the ball where I want when I want and I'm still getting solid hard contact batting with wood and I also relised I'm hitting just as hard as highschool kids with medal bats I'm wondering if I could really have a shot at my dream and what I need to do to be ready for a try out what to expect and what I need to show the scouts have being 21 I know my age isn't a huge issue but is it still an Issue and I am still extremely fast and can catch just about any ball in right field
Thanks for ur time I'm looking forward to ur response

you know what stands out in you letter? that you aren't playing and haven't played in about 3 years. in baseball years, that's an enormous amount of time. So do you have a chance? of making it to the major league level? probably not. but you may be good enough to play pro ball so if you really love it enough, then go for it.
the tryouts are no secret. you may have about 10 minutes to try to show your stuff. you will more to over-impress in that short time. i will need to hit 400ft bombs or throw 90+ or run like the wind. and thats just to to noticed. remember, this isn't high school ball.
good luck.

Minor League Baseball

I am am best suited to answer questions regarding minor league baseball prospects.

Originally, i started doing this because I became engrossed researching prospects for a fantasy baseball league. Back then all I really wanted to do was answer questions about baseball prospects. Funny how time flies but fifteen years later I have been asked questions regarding the negro leagues, what minor leaguers get paid, why players don't rub their injury when they get hurt, and how players can tryout for the minor leagues to name only a few. I was recently in correspondence with a father of a marine who lost several fingers while in Iraq; he was later drafted by the Padres and is playing in their minor league system. Additionally, I get a lot of questions from guys asking me if i think they can be successful at these tryouts or if they should tryout at all. I do my best to answer every one's question without overstepping my bounds of knowledge. *sometimes i have to tell people that I just can't answer their question.* And sometimes I have to tell people that they just aren't good enough to be a professional ball player.* Most recently i have received two negative feedbacks from people who didn't like my response. one 30 year old guy who hadn't played since he was a teenager asked me if he really had a shot at making the tryouts. realistically, i said no. i guess he didn't appreciate my bluntness but that was the truth. I am not really an 'expert' in anything. I just answer people's inquires, give some conservative, advise or tell them 'I don't know.' After fifteen years I have realized that i do fulfill most questions satisfactorily which keeps me doing this.