Minor League Baseball/24 year old infielder

I recently got back into playing baseball and am looking to take the next step. I'm a 5'10 190 infielder and, after going to a small school and not getting noticed, I hadn't really thought professional baseball may be an option after college until recently.

Even only throwing about 80-85% with a sore arm, I'm sitting in the low 90's off the mound (which for me converts to mid 80's across the diamond) which is harder than I was throwing a couple years ago. I also have not been timed, but feel as though I still run near a 6.8 as I did a couple years ago. I was considered a 5-tool player in high school and college and was always one of the best players on the field, but felt like I just got overlooked.

Now that I live in Florida and have many more opportunities to play, I don't want to waste my time with it, but I'm also realistic and understand that this is probably about my last shot at giving it a go. Do you think my age would play into too big of a factor to try to advance further into baseball or do you think it's time to move on and leave it in the past? Also, if I got overlooked in the past do you think that's maybe a sign that I got overlooked for a reason?

of course you can 'advance into baseball' at your age but if you think you can play or a major league team then that's very highly unlikely. there are plenty of guys who play in the minor leagues into their '30's because they love the game. and many others who play on independent teams and clubs because they love baseball. you have to decide what you want...many guys think they were overlooked and say, 'if i only had a shot.' you need to 'standout,' not worry about wing overlooked. there's too much money too be made off you if you are that good. good luck.

Minor League Baseball

I am am best suited to answer questions regarding minor league baseball prospects.

Originally, i started doing this because I became engrossed researching prospects for a fantasy baseball league. Back then all I really wanted to do was answer questions about baseball prospects. Funny how time flies but fifteen years later I have been asked questions regarding the negro leagues, what minor leaguers get paid, why players don't rub their injury when they get hurt, and how players can tryout for the minor leagues to name only a few. I was recently in correspondence with a father of a marine who lost several fingers while in Iraq; he was later drafted by the Padres and is playing in their minor league system. Additionally, I get a lot of questions from guys asking me if i think they can be successful at these tryouts or if they should tryout at all. I do my best to answer every one's question without overstepping my bounds of knowledge. *sometimes i have to tell people that I just can't answer their question.* And sometimes I have to tell people that they just aren't good enough to be a professional ball player.* Most recently i have received two negative feedbacks from people who didn't like my response. one 30 year old guy who hadn't played since he was a teenager asked me if he really had a shot at making the tryouts. realistically, i said no. i guess he didn't appreciate my bluntness but that was the truth. I am not really an 'expert' in anything. I just answer people's inquires, give some conservative, advise or tell them 'I don't know.' After fifteen years I have realized that i do fulfill most questions satisfactorily which keeps me doing this.