Misc Religions/Gilad Atzmon

What do you think of Gilad Atzmon and other non-zionist jews?

I understand their essential position. Prior to 1948 most Jews interpreted the prophets as saying that Israel would be reestablished by haMoshiach. They feel that since the nation was reestablished by secular Jews the prophet's words were not fulfilled and that a secular Israel may even hinder the coming of haMoshiach. There is honest disagreement on this point by Jewish authorities (I believe the prophets spoke of the gradual rebirth of the state as it is happening).

However, Israel exists today and about half of the world's Jews live there. There is no excuse for any Jew not to stand with Israel today regardless of this doctrinal disagreement.

Misc Religions

Shlomo Phillips

To varying degrees I have worked and studied with many different groups including:

Jews (my religion), Noahides, Gaudiya Vaisnavism, Swami Muktinanda's Sidha Yoga Foundation, the Yoga Society (of Sri Ramamurti Mishra), Sikhism, various Pagan and neo-Pagan groups, Sunni Islam (Wahabi), Sufism, Taoism, various Buddhist sects (including the Dharmad Hatu of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche), diverse Hindu sects, many Christian denominations and movements, and have been involved with numerous other groups and movements too numerous to mention.

My personal studies have led me to embrace Judaism. In this AllExperts category I can discuss any religion you are interested in.

40 plus years of seeking God. MA in religious Studies Three Christian ordinations. Author of AllFaith.com and other websites and blogs.

My AllFaith.com: AllFaith.com Beth HaShem: free lessons My Facebook

MA in Religious Studies Interfaith Seminary of Santa Cruz 40 plus years of study and practice