Misc Religions/Gilad Atzmon

Question
What do you think of Gilad Atzmon and other non-zionist jews?

Answer
Shalom,

I understand their essential position. Prior to 1948 most Jews interpreted the prophets as saying that Israel would be reestablished by haMoshiach. They feel that since the nation was reestablished by secular Jews the prophet's words were not fulfilled and that a secular Israel may even hinder the coming of haMoshiach. There is honest disagreement on this point by Jewish authorities (I believe the prophets spoke of the gradual rebirth of the state as it is happening).

However, Israel exists today and about half of the world's Jews live there. There is no excuse for any Jew not to stand with Israel today regardless of this doctrinal disagreement.

B"H

Yochanan  

Misc Religions

Shlomo Phillips