Misc Religions/Unsure of symbols

Question
Symbol Pendant
Symbol Pendant  
I work at an estate jewelry store and we came across this unique piece. We are not sure of the meaning of the symbols and I was hoping you could help us out. If any of this looks familiar to you or if you have an idea of a direction I could go to continue my research that would be amazing thank you.

Answer
This is an interesting piece.  It could be merely an artistic design, but there are several features that are intriguing.  If you look at the bottom, beneath the rod design, there seems to be a hammer-like figure. It may suggest a Norse or Germanic influence.  The figure resembles what I think is called the "hammer of Thor." It is a sacred symbol in Asatru, or ancient Norse religion, or in Germanic lore.  The birds, too, with their spread wings, may also be a Germanic influence, as are the lines that seem to represent the sun.  However, it could be an artistic design.  But at the bottom, it sure looks like a hammer.  To learn more about Asatru, or Norse symbolism, see THE BOOK OG TROTH by Edred Thorsson.  I think the hammer has about the same meaning in Asatru as the cross in Christianity.  Such symbols were also likely used in the Third Reich  with their focus on Germanic heritage.  Joel

Misc Religions

Joel Bjorling