Missionary Work/uncertain

I always thought of doing missionary work but i don't now how to go about, and how will i know if its the Lord will to do it, i haven't studded in a career yet,so what do you suggest ?

I am glad to hear that you are considering a vocation in mission work.  Here are a couple of tips I would offer as you seek to discern if this is the path you should take:

1.  If you have the desire to become a missionary, there is no better place to start than where you are right now.  Do you have friends, family, co-workers, or friends who do not yet trust Jesus?  If so, begin with them.  Find opportunities in your daily life to discuss the message of Jesus with them.  Whether you can confidently convey the message of Jesus to people you already know will be a good guide as to whether you will be able to do so elsewhere.

2.  Seek the guidance of your own pastor.  As someone who knows you personally, he will be best equipped to help you discern what is the right path for you.  He will also be familiar with whatever structures for training and sending missionaries may exist within the wider church body to which you belong.

3.  Missionary work is really only telling other people about the message of Jesus.  You can do this within other careers or alongside of a secular vocation.  You can also do so as a full-time vocation by becoming a pastor.  Consider your situation, your talents, and your opportunities and discern what will be the best approach.  

I wish I could tell you more, but every man's situation is unique and only you can ultimately discern what is best.  Pray often, study the Scriptures faithfully, tell others about Jesus where and when you have opportunity, and the way you should go will become evident.  

Missionary Work

Rev. Jason P. Peterson

I welcome the opportunity to answer questions regarding Evangelism/Outreach to English-speaking non-Christians in the United States. My answers in this area would be relevant for any Christian denomination. I also have specialized knowledge in the areas of rural ministry, rural evangelism, race track chaplaincy and auto racing outreach/ministry. I do not have adequate experience to answer questions regarding world missions, cross-cultural outreach, or outreach by any religion other than Christianity.

I have served as a Lutheran (Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod) pastor for six years at St. John's Lutheran Church in Burt, IA. For six years, I served as chairman of the Personal Missions Subcommittee, I currently serve as chairman of the Commission on Ministerial Growth & Support of the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod's Iowa District West and Track Chaplain at Algona Raceway.

Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod

Algona Upper Des Moines (newspaper) Bancroft Register (newspaper)

B.A. Concordia University - Ann Arbor, MI (Biblical Languages) M.Div. Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, IN (Exegetical Theology, Pastoral Ministry & Missions)

Zion Lutheran Church (Columbia City, IN) Zion Lutheran Church (Altamont, IL) St. John's Lutheran Church (Burt, IA) Zion Lutheran Church (Lu Verne, IA) Algona Raceway (IA) Fairmont Raceway (MN) Hancock County Speedway (Britt, IA) Clay County Fairgrounds Raceway (Spencer, IA)