Missionary Work/explanation

What is the explanation in the book of hebrew chapter 6 verse 4,5,  verse 6, and hebrew chapter 10 verse 26-29 and 1john chapter 3 verse 9?

Thank you for these questions.  Because you have included 5 passages... I will try to answer each briefly.

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,” (Hebrews 6:4–5, AV)

Some people, not having truly believed, have been exposed to people with Holy Ghost power... they have tasted... but not swallowed... they have had just enough truth to vaccinate them from truly believing.

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26–29, AV)

The writer of the Hebrews was telling us that in the Old Testament, even though there were sacrifices for many things... there was no sacrifice for willful sin.  The whole point of Hebrews is that Christ is better than the law.  The law did not provide a sacrifice, but Jesus did... and all sin is covered int he Blood!

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9, AV)

Glory to God!!! all unrighteousness is cleansed... even willful sin.

I hope that this helps.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Missionary Work

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God- Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation truth for faith and practice. I can answer questions about soul winning, church planting, the call of God, or any question of Biblical doctrine.

I have been in the ministry for over 20 years. During this time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, church planter, and Senior Pastor. Currently I serve as Senior Pastor for a Baptist Church in New England.

Evangelical Baptist Church

Revival Baptist Chronicles
The Fundamental Baptist Voice

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College in Clarks Summit, PA