Mitsubishi Repair/Automatic Transmission shifting problems

ron wrote at 2013-07-15 06:17:34
It seems we have the same problem. I have same unit, 1995 GLXi A/T. There is a transmission mechanic in Angeles, Pampanga and after several minutes of road tests, he concluded that the problem can be fixed (the problem is the gear is always on the 3rd). The transmission was opened and serviced and several O-rings were replaced. The computer box was also checked and repaired and restored to almost new condition. After almost 6 hours, the car is back to normal with full power especially at Gear 1. At 80kph up, RPM is stable at 2,000 and overdrive is working well at higher speed. total cost for the repair was P7K plus some extra for the gas and additional oil. If you are interested, Ican give you the contact number of the mechanic. anyway, Angeles is just an hour drive from Balintawak.

Agot wrote at 2015-11-14 14:12:13
Hi... I think your problem is the oil temperature sensor...that is why whenever you switch off your engine and on...the TCU is at monitoring stage...and after the TCU sense again that you may have an open connection on your temp sensor...it will back again to lock on 3 rd gear.

Mitsubishi Repair

Linda