Mitsubishi Repair/metallic rattling sound

Chris 380GT wrote at 2012-05-24 04:37:36
I too have experienced this problem at cold temperatures.  I have to start the car, switch it off strait away, then start it again and I have no problems.  I do notice there is still a ticking noise until the motor is warm.  I have taken the car to my mechanic and still no answer.  I had this problem after my timing belt was changed.

Matt wrote at 2012-12-13 01:27:10
I have this too on my 2007 380 VRX, any fix for this??

Miss K wrote at 2013-04-02 08:11:46
Hey there, I have the exact same car and have heard a metallic noise that sounds a little like a chain dragging on the road when I accelerate... Is that what you mean by that specific noise? Does that mean its the exhaust?? Pleaseeeee help me!! Lol >_<

Mitsubishi Repair

Anthony Falcone

I have been working with (and driving) a first generation Mitsubishi Eclipse for several years. Anything that could go wrong with an Eclipse has probably happened on mine. Fortunately, I have gained a lot of knowledge from experience in repairing these problems myself.

Identifying and repairing problems in mechanical and electrical areas. Plus, I have learned many ways to enhance performance to the incredible engine Mitsubishi put in their early model Turbos.

AS degree in Engineering Science
BS degree in Electrical Engineering