Mitsubishi Repair/03 Mitsu Eclipse engine missing on accelleration

My 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS, 3.0L, 5-speed, engine has just started missing / stuttering when I accelerate (engine cold in 1st and 2nd gear). I just had my belts adjusted the day before. Were the belts not adjusted correctly? Or is it an injector, plug, plug wires type of problem? 105,800 miles odo

If you started noticing the problem right after the belts were adjusted, you should have your mechanic look into your new problem.  There are plenty of components that can cause the missing/sputtering problem.  You listed several already - plugs, wires, injectors, etc.  Your mechanic would be best to diagnos your problem further.
Good luck!

Mitsubishi Repair

Anthony Falcone

I have been working with (and driving) a first generation Mitsubishi Eclipse for several years. Anything that could go wrong with an Eclipse has probably happened on mine. Fortunately, I have gained a lot of knowledge from experience in repairing these problems myself.

Identifying and repairing problems in mechanical and electrical areas. Plus, I have learned many ways to enhance performance to the incredible engine Mitsubishi put in their early model Turbos.

AS degree in Engineering Science
BS degree in Electrical Engineering