Mitsubishi Repair/Eclipse Over Heating

Question
I have a 2000 Eclipse..4 cyl..standard that tends to run warm. I have changed the thermostat, radiator, and the fan seems to be working correctly. I also recently replaced the a/c compressor after the bearing started squealing and still the gauge stays at about 3/4. I thought about the temp sensor but the engine does seem as though it is running warm. Any suggestions? Thanks, Chris

Answer
Chris,
Once the engine reaches it's normal operating temperature, the gauge needle should not move.  If you notice that constantly fluctuates under normal driving conditions (highway or city driving), then you may have coolant issue - possible clog or more serious like a warped head gasket.  Though if the needle gets to 3/4 and stays there (like indicated), that is normal.  As long as it never gets into the red zone, you should not have a problem.  But if you are still concerned, you may want to have your water pump inspected.  Your anti-freeze/water ratio should be at 50/50.  But 40/60 ratio (more water) can help lower coolant temperature.  If you're in an area where the outside temperature remains below freezing, be careful about using coolant with too much water.  Though that may not be a problem for you in Texas.
Good luck!

Mitsubishi Repair

Anthony Falcone