Model Railroads/ez mate couplers and reffiitting lima tgv

Justin Bannah wrote at 2012-11-11 11:25:34
Lima do not sell replacement motors AFAIK, but you might find someone at a train show selling old locos or bits and pieces you can use as a donor for your model. A firm called Modeltorque based in Victoria, Aust. was selling replacement motors for Lima locos some year ago. I bought some, and I found that they ran much faster than the motors I replaced, but after some years in storage, the pinion gear started slipping on the motor shaft.

Model Railroads

Frank Edgcombe

I CAN NOT DIAGNOSE equipment problems or ESTIMATE DOLLAR VALUES of your equipment, by email. I have been active in model railroading for forty years. I can answer, or find answers, to questions on most aspects of model trains, railroad equipment or buildings. I have a good knowledge of prototype railroads. I have been employed by five model railroad equipment manufacturers/suppliers and worked for a prototype railroad. I have served, twice, as the president of a local model railroad club. I have been employed as a Reference Librarian, at a university, for the last fifteen years and am used to tracking down resources for patrons.