Model Railroads/Additional Lock-On

Pete wrote at 2013-12-09 19:16:42
The diagram that accompanies Mr. Coscia's answer is completely wrong! It shows the far right lock-on being used on an INSULATED section of track! The correct use of an additional lock-on ( per the text) would not include insulated(isolated) track sections.

The text answer is correct, the diagram is wrong.

Model Railroads

Chris Coscia

I am happy to answer all types of model railroading questions. My specialties are DCC, modeling tips, valuation tips, brass trains, operations, and railroadiana. My emphasis in modeling is western railroading (SP, UP, WP, PE, etc.) but I can help with all areas. I am a lifetime model railroader and a model train business owner. I am NOT an expert on Lionel, Marx, American Flyer, and older tintype trains. I know some values for these but cannot diagnose operational problems via this service. Usually these trains need to be seen in person for servicing. Old plastic HO trains have little value. These are not like Lionel and generally have little value because they are not as well made as modern HO locos.

I have 27 years in the model train and railroading hobby and have a large network of specialty contacts.