Model Railroads/turnouts

John Richards wrote at 2013-04-22 11:08:01
I would think it would work only on DC. AC stands for alternating current and it seems to me that on AC the switch would just vibrate at 60 times a second as that is the frequency of AC current.  ( I was a television repair man for a number of years)

Model Railroads

Larry Weinberg

I can answer many questions regarding N scale model railroading in general as well as questions about the NY Central System, especially questions about the N scale models of their passenger and freight cars.

I have been a model railroader since 1949 and have been an N scale modeler since 1971. I have an extensive N scale collection as well as an extensive model and prototype library to consult.

I am a member of about two dozen online forums covering N scale model railroading and the New York Central System. I am a member of the Northern Westchester Model Railroad Club.

College graduate/Retired.