Model Railroads/Ideal's HO radar

JeroldinCitrusPark wrote at 2014-12-15 05:49:20
The radar does run best on 12-14 VAC.  The way it works it there is a small rubber grommet under where the top sits on the coils.  This grommet had little feet that point in the same directions in a circle.  Then the power is applied, the ac cycles off and on but the directions of the little feet keep it from backwards during the 60 cycle.  when the power reverses the feet keep it from going back.  WHen it reverses again it moves forward again a tad.   at 60 cycles a second, it will rapidly begin to turn one way only.  You do not want too high volts or amps or you can melt the rubber ring, the coild or the houseing  

Model Railroads

Frank Edgcombe

I CAN NOT DIAGNOSE equipment problems or ESTIMATE DOLLAR VALUES of your equipment, by email. I have been active in model railroading for forty years. I can answer, or find answers, to questions on most aspects of model trains, railroad equipment or buildings. I have a good knowledge of prototype railroads. I have been employed by five model railroad equipment manufacturers/suppliers and worked for a prototype railroad. I have served, twice, as the president of a local model railroad club. I have been employed as a Reference Librarian, at a university, for the last fifteen years and am used to tracking down resources for patrons.