Model Railroads/icken 0-6-4 steam @ tender

Question
Hi Frank, I have a icken 0-6-4 steam & tender locomotive set pennslvania#3832. I was wondering if you have any info on this set, or where I can find a value on this. Thanks

Answer
Hi! Shaun. Thanks for your question.  Lucky you.  I'm sorry my knowledge of model trains does not go back prior to WWII.    There have been books published on early toy trains but I'm not aware of any on Icken trains. I checked eBay and found very few Icken models for sale.
There is a Train Collectors of America, that might help.  Here is a link.
http://traincollectors.org/
The only other  site on Icken was one from the NMRA National Model Railroad Association mentioning Fred Icken as one of the early pioneers in model railroading.
www.nmra.org/membership/honors/alltime.html - 29k
Fred Icken made very good brass steam locomotives in O gauge (the same size approxiamately as Lionel) in the 1920's and 1930's.  They were superior to the mass made toy locomotives at that time.  Are you sure it's a 0-6-4 locomotive as that is a very unusual wheel arrangement.  Normally these locomotives would be either, 2-8-0's, 4-4-2's, 4-6-2's or 4-6-4's.  Maybe its missing the front 4 wheel pony truck.  
I did find a 1927 Icken catalog for sale on eBay.  The locomotives are obvious custom made and really superior. Many of the pages are shown in the description of the catalog.  The catalog's present price is going for $19.95 and it would possibly be useful to you.  Here is a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Icken-Model-Locomotive-Co-Catalog-railroad-vtg-old-custo
Icken made both 4-4-2s and 4-6-2s in Pennsylvania but I couldn't see the locomotive's number from the photographs.  Maybe he made 0-6-4s as a real custom job.
Hope this helps.  Frank.

Model Railroads

Frank Edgcombe