Model Railroads/HO

Question
Starting out new on trains has been many many years since i last had any, question is..DC verses DCC..i see where the newest thing out is the DCC are they alot better or what..?? Checked out some of the garden train set up..all i can say is WOW was wild how people do those things i even looked at the trains that you can ride way to rich for my blood, any ways any and all help you can offer would be great.

Thanks

Kirk

Answer
Kirk,

I would explore the local hobby shops in your area for ideas and input from your local hobby dealer. They will guide you with the best advice on which way to go. For some reading materials to purchase and study is a great set of softcover books published by Kalmbach Publications. They
can be purchased at major bookstore chains or on line through Kalmbach Publications. com

You want to look for their book on introduction to DCC model railroading, etc.

My advice to you is look first of what you want to model. Location, Railroad Prototype, Era and space allotted in your home to build a layout. And last, how much money you want to invest.

The rest is up to you. Good luck and congratulations with heading towards model railroading as a hobby. The hobby there is !!

Please take a look at my website. It should inspire you of what can be done. Go to: www.modelrailroadsbyjohn.com

John Schaub
Model Railroads by John

Model Railroads

John Schaub