Model Railroads/Model rail track

Some years ago I had some model railroad track which was from
a company called trutrack. It was attached to a wooden railbed
and came in sectional pieces. I had a double switch crossover
which worked great even though I did not have it hooked up for
electric or remote operation. I just wonder if the company is
still in business? I would like to purchase a double switch
crossover for my trains in the station area, that connects to my yard.

Hello Ted, thanks for the question.

You did not specify in your question about the gauge of your train but I am guessing that it is "N scale".  This is not an area that I am familiar with but here is what I found.

The name I checked is Tru-Track and was made by Atlas or was absorbed into the Atlas Company.  There are still double crossovers available but are not parallel but instead listed by degrees which deviate from parallel.  There are several available from 11.25 degree to 90 degrees.

Also I found that Kato USA Inc. makes a similar product and it is available in parallel versions.  They are a little pricey though at about $75.00 US.  You can look at E-bay for the best deal or maybe Amazon also.

Be aware that Kato and Tru-Track are not inter-changeable but are adaptable.  Read some of the forums to get others ideas. Also Code 55 track is recommended for accurate scale size.

I hopes this helps you a little but sorry this is not my strong area.

Thanks, Charles

Model Railroads

Charles Campbell

Questions about Icken Trains ( Fred Icken). Also about electrical workings and problems with electro mechanical pinball machines. Charles

Collected pinball machines for 30 + years and do all work myself. Own a collection of Icken trains. Also many Lionel and American Flyer utems.

I subscribe to Clasic Toy Trains and am a charter subscriber.

Electical/electronics training, U.S. NAVY. BBA 1970 University of Oklahoma.

I do not sell any trains only collect so I do no have train clents. I have in the past sold many old electro-mechanical pinball machines and there have been many customers who have alled me back years later to get one fixed. This is an art that you don't find much any more and the commercial shops charge too much to get a machine fixed. I just try to keep them fixed so that they don't disapear ore are discarded.