Model Railroads/NMRA

I am the Timekeeper (Secretary)for the Tidewater Division of the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) Mideastern Region. Are you a member of NMRA? Do you live in the Hampton Roads (Virginia) area? If yes, you are automatically a member of the Division.Some of our members are Master Modelers. I have been a model railroader since 1955 and have AF (my 1st train), HO and N. I live in Virginia Beach.

Hi! Pat.  No I am not a member of NMRA anymore.  I guess I dropped my membership about 10 years ago, when my interests on modelling changed away from American prototypes back to British.  I do live in Hampton, VA. and am a member of the Peninsula Model Railroad Club.  Unfortunately my preferred scale is no longer N scale as I prefer OO.  Incidentally I worked for American Flyer in 1958 till 1960 and Polk's Model Craft Hobbies (AristoCraft) 1957-1958 and 1960-63. I started modelling in about 1949.

Model Railroads

Frank Edgcombe

I CAN NOT DIAGNOSE equipment problems or ESTIMATE DOLLAR VALUES of your equipment, by email. I have been active in model railroading for forty years. I can answer, or find answers, to questions on most aspects of model trains, railroad equipment or buildings. I have a good knowledge of prototype railroads. I have been employed by five model railroad equipment manufacturers/suppliers and worked for a prototype railroad. I have served, twice, as the president of a local model railroad club. I have been employed as a Reference Librarian, at a university, for the last fifteen years and am used to tracking down resources for patrons.