Model Railroads/Model Railroads with Different Geometrical Shapes.

Dear Charles

Straight line segments

Not composed of circular arcs

Do you feel by using different types of Geometrical Shapes viz Ellipse, Pentagon, Astroid etc can help in modeling different types of Railroads i.e. aid in actual construction of new rail routes as well as help in constructing railroads toys for the same.  

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Mr. Akerkar,

Thanks for the question, unfortunately I have no expertise in this area.  Here are my thoughts on it in general.

I think the real motivation in constructing layouts is to emulate the prototypes in and around the country whether here in the U.S. or in another country.  I would think that if it has been done in the prototype arena then it can be done in a model layout.  There are although size and area limitation and also grade limitations.

The only thing I have seen close to your design suggestion is with a Christmas display at a church in Oklahoma City, OK.  This was a spiraling track which the up and down tracks were  alternate layers much like a parking garage.  This was used as an attraction for the smaller audience and not to resemble a prototype.

Charles,  Good luck and Happy Modeling

Model Railroads

Charles Campbell

Questions about Icken Trains ( Fred Icken). Also about electrical workings and problems with electro mechanical pinball machines. Charles

Collected pinball machines for 30 + years and do all work myself. Own a collection of Icken trains. Also many Lionel and American Flyer utems.

I subscribe to Clasic Toy Trains and am a charter subscriber.

Electical/electronics training, U.S. NAVY. BBA 1970 University of Oklahoma.

I do not sell any trains only collect so I do no have train clents. I have in the past sold many old electro-mechanical pinball machines and there have been many customers who have alled me back years later to get one fixed. This is an art that you don't find much any more and the commercial shops charge too much to get a machine fixed. I just try to keep them fixed so that they don't disapear ore are discarded.