Model Railroads/Model Railroads with Different Geometrical Shapes.

QUESTION: Dear Larry

Straight line segments

Not composed of circular arcs

Do you feel by using different types of Geometrical Shapes viz Ellipse, Pentagon, Astroid etc can help in modeling different types of Railroads i.e. aid in actual construction of new rail routes as well as help in constructing railroads toys for the same.  

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

QUESTION: Dear Larry

Thank you.

Also is it possible to design and develop new computer games and video games modeling new rail routes/tracks ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prasant,

While it is possible to design and develop new games/simulations, there are already a number of companies already producing same.  Go to this link at Wikipedia to find some of them:

Perhaps it would be better for you to work with/for them rather than "re-inventing the wheel".  They are always updating their products and they might be on the lookout for new ideas.

Best of luck to you in your endeavors,

Model Railroads

Larry Weinberg

I can answer many questions regarding N scale model railroading in general as well as questions about the NY Central System, especially questions about the N scale models of their passenger and freight cars.

I have been a model railroader since 1949 and have been an N scale modeler since 1971. I have an extensive N scale collection as well as an extensive model and prototype library to consult.

I am a member of about two dozen online forums covering N scale model railroading and the New York Central System. I am a member of the Northern Westchester Model Railroad Club.

College graduate/Retired.