Model Railroads/HO engines

QUESTION: How do you hock 2 engines together in opposite direction to pull your train, I am very new at model trains.  THANK YOU

ANSWER: Do you mean as a push-pull system ? Typical in the prototype operation of commuter trains and short-line railroad operations for local freight switching jobs? Are you asking this question for a DC power system or for DCC?

John Schaub

QUESTION: I'm not sure what you mean by push-pull. I-m wanting to put 2 or 3 engines togather, Power DC

The engines run either direction. However you arrange them in the order you want, they will move in the same direction.
Just make sure they're geared to work at the same speed together. I found if you multiple-unit Atlas engines together, they
run in sync with each other. Same with Athearns and the other brands. Trial and error to see which engines work the best
together. You will need a powerful transformer for them to work together on the same track. MRC Tech 4 model 220, 240 or 260.
Good luck and happy model railroading.

John Schaub

Model Railroads

John Schaub

I can answer the following questions: Almost anything about the hobby, except complex electrical questions. Anything about table construction, model kit building, layout scenery, weathering and painting, adding lighting to structures and scenery. I cannot answer questions about the value or appraisal of an item through an e-mail question. The only true method to valuation is having the item in front of me. I will not answer any questions about complex wiring for signals, DCC, or switch motor installations.

Model railroader since childhood. And that's quite a few years ago. My experience includes: Planning, Design, Benchwork Construction, Trackwork, Conceptualizing the placement of the basic scenic shell and future structure placement. Developing a "vision" of what the layout' them will be. Historical research. Model builder. Painter, Detailer and Weathering. Scenery Artisan, Model train room decorator. Freight car builder. Engine detailer. Turned my passion for model railroading to a full time career in 1998. I now design, build and construct model railroads. Focusing my skills on planning and design, model kit building services, scenery and structure installations, painting, weathering and detailing.

Manchester Chamber of Commerce. Rutland Railway Association.

Classic Toy Trains, January 2013

Self-taught Model Railroader turned professional consultant New York Institute of Technology, Communication Arts Degree C.W. Post College, Computer Graphics-Desktop Publishing Certificate Program Molloy College, MacIntosh Computer Studies-Certificate Program

Sorry, I can not reveal their names. I will tell you that my clients range from 5 year olds to 75 year olds. My layout commissions are in private homes, hobby shops, hotel lobbies, libraries, museums and historical societies.