Model Railroads/4-6-2

Question
Hi John,

Hi John, still don't know how to send pictures but did stumble onto a good photo of my engine on ebay. Fyi the wire has a broken eyelet on the end, and goes to the tow bar screw on the tender. It picks up current from its wheels.  Was pretty sure it went to tender but without the eyelet I did't know where to put it. Sorry if I wasted your time. Thanks for your help I glad I found this site.  Phill

Answer
Hi Phil,

It sounds like you had a Tyco or Mantua steam locomotive. Typically, the wire came out of the cab or below the floor of the cab.
And yes, the wire is attached to the tender via an eyelet. That completes the circuit for current. Not a problem answering your questions.
It's all about giving it back from what I learned as a model railroader. Along with being a good person.

Happy Model Railroading ! Enjoy the Journey..

John Schaub
www.modelrailroadsbyjohn.com

Model Railroads

John Schaub