Model Railroads/4-6-2

Hi John,

Hi John, still don't know how to send pictures but did stumble onto a good photo of my engine on ebay. Fyi the wire has a broken eyelet on the end, and goes to the tow bar screw on the tender. It picks up current from its wheels.  Was pretty sure it went to tender but without the eyelet I did't know where to put it. Sorry if I wasted your time. Thanks for your help I glad I found this site.  Phill

Hi Phil,

It sounds like you had a Tyco or Mantua steam locomotive. Typically, the wire came out of the cab or below the floor of the cab.
And yes, the wire is attached to the tender via an eyelet. That completes the circuit for current. Not a problem answering your questions.
It's all about giving it back from what I learned as a model railroader. Along with being a good person.

Happy Model Railroading ! Enjoy the Journey..

John Schaub

Model Railroads

John Schaub

I can answer the following questions: Almost anything about the hobby, except complex electrical questions. Anything about table construction, model kit building, layout scenery, weathering and painting, adding lighting to structures and scenery. I cannot answer questions about the value or appraisal of an item through an e-mail question. The only true method to valuation is having the item in front of me. I will not answer any questions about complex wiring for signals, DCC, or switch motor installations.

Model railroader since childhood. And that's quite a few years ago. My experience includes: Planning, Design, Benchwork Construction, Trackwork, Conceptualizing the placement of the basic scenic shell and future structure placement. Developing a "vision" of what the layout' them will be. Historical research. Model builder. Painter, Detailer and Weathering. Scenery Artisan, Model train room decorator. Freight car builder. Engine detailer. Turned my passion for model railroading to a full time career in 1998. I now design, build and construct model railroads. Focusing my skills on planning and design, model kit building services, scenery and structure installations, painting, weathering and detailing.

Manchester Chamber of Commerce. Rutland Railway Association.

Classic Toy Trains, January 2013

Self-taught Model Railroader turned professional consultant New York Institute of Technology, Communication Arts Degree C.W. Post College, Computer Graphics-Desktop Publishing Certificate Program Molloy College, MacIntosh Computer Studies-Certificate Program

Sorry, I can not reveal their names. I will tell you that my clients range from 5 year olds to 75 year olds. My layout commissions are in private homes, hobby shops, hotel lobbies, libraries, museums and historical societies.