Model Railroads/Carpet Installation/Fixing in Trains and Buses.

Dear Charles‎‎‎

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local (Short distance) and Express trains (Long Distance) ?.

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local transport and Luxury Buses ?.

Can this give a Better Designing and Comfortable look and feel for the passengers travelling in Trains and Buses ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello again answers,

My area is model trains but you phrased your questions as "Do you feel" which I interpreted as "Do you think" so therefore I will give you my thoughts'

No. 1   I am an accountant by trade and therefore my answers have an economic slant.  My thinking about carpet in a Local (Short distance)  train would not be cost effective because of the quality of the user of local short distance traveled. In other words if a rider spills red koolade on the carpet the thinking is I will be off this train shortly.  Multiply this with hundreds and hundreds of passengers and you have quite a few carpet replacements.  These need to be utility flooring with ease to clean up and to be done rapidly.

On the same subject with the Express (Long distance) train I feel that this would possibly be feasible because of the difference in the ridership.  When you are in an environment which will last a longer time you want to feel comfortable in your surroundings and therefore might be more careful to take care of it as you would your own home.  Economic studies need to be done.

No. 2    Same answer as No. 1 for Local transportation.  On Luxury buses, only privately operated tour type buses which are out on tour for 2 or more weeks.

No 3.    Yes I feel that in the positive answers above this will add to the design and comfort of the passengers  ie. Long distance and Luxury trains and tour buses

Model Railroads

Charles Campbell

Questions about Icken Trains ( Fred Icken). Also about electrical workings and problems with electro mechanical pinball machines. Charles

Collected pinball machines for 30 + years and do all work myself. Own a collection of Icken trains. Also many Lionel and American Flyer utems.

I subscribe to Clasic Toy Trains and am a charter subscriber.

Electical/electronics training, U.S. NAVY. BBA 1970 University of Oklahoma.

I do not sell any trains only collect so I do no have train clents. I have in the past sold many old electro-mechanical pinball machines and there have been many customers who have alled me back years later to get one fixed. This is an art that you don't find much any more and the commercial shops charge too much to get a machine fixed. I just try to keep them fixed so that they don't disapear ore are discarded.