Model Railroads/train don't run

you ask for more info.  It is HO and I am using 22 solid. My pack is a tech II railmaster 2400, input 120vac 60hz, output 14vdc, 18.5vac, total output 17va. Thanks for your help.  Phill

Remove the 22ga. solid. Not a great conductor for electricity on a long run of track.
Change over to 16 or 18 gauge stranded.  Place first set of leads before the first switch track.
Run a typical train length to see how it works. Clean all of your track and make sure the rail
joiners are properly connected and tight. If the train slows down or stops, check track. If conditions
remain the same. Add a second jumper before the switch track. Try using a voltage meter to see where
the power drops. That's the best way to see where your power loss is coming from. Good luck.

John Schaub

Model Railroads

John Schaub

I can answer the following questions: Almost anything about the hobby, except complex electrical questions. Anything about table construction, model kit building, layout scenery, weathering and painting, adding lighting to structures and scenery. I cannot answer questions about the value or appraisal of an item through an e-mail question. The only true method to valuation is having the item in front of me. I will not answer any questions about complex wiring for signals, DCC, or switch motor installations.

Model railroader since childhood. And that's quite a few years ago. My experience includes: Planning, Design, Benchwork Construction, Trackwork, Conceptualizing the placement of the basic scenic shell and future structure placement. Developing a "vision" of what the layout' them will be. Historical research. Model builder. Painter, Detailer and Weathering. Scenery Artisan, Model train room decorator. Freight car builder. Engine detailer. Turned my passion for model railroading to a full time career in 1998. I now design, build and construct model railroads. Focusing my skills on planning and design, model kit building services, scenery and structure installations, painting, weathering and detailing.

Manchester Chamber of Commerce. Rutland Railway Association.

Classic Toy Trains, January 2013

Self-taught Model Railroader turned professional consultant New York Institute of Technology, Communication Arts Degree C.W. Post College, Computer Graphics-Desktop Publishing Certificate Program Molloy College, MacIntosh Computer Studies-Certificate Program

Sorry, I can not reveal their names. I will tell you that my clients range from 5 year olds to 75 year olds. My layout commissions are in private homes, hobby shops, hotel lobbies, libraries, museums and historical societies.