Model Railroads/lionel #282 magnetic Crane

What voltage do you run for constant voltage on this crane. This has the canned motors in it. I plan to run the heck out of this and I don't want to burn it up from to much voltage. Ive looked all over for info and all you get is a lot of pictures. Thanks hope you can help me Bob McCoy

Typically, the Lionel crane will operate at a low voltage range from 10-14 volts. This all depends on the age and condition of the crane's mechanical condition. How well the unit is maintained and lubricated. Try a a starting point of 10 volts. Increase the voltage till you find the right amount for it to work properly. I would also suggest using new wire leads. Stranded two color wire leads, 18 ga. is the best. Hope all works well
for you with your model railroad projects.

John Schaub

Model Railroads

John Schaub

I can answer the following questions: Almost anything about the hobby, except complex electrical questions. Anything about table construction, model kit building, layout scenery, weathering and painting, adding lighting to structures and scenery. I cannot answer questions about the value or appraisal of an item through an e-mail question. The only true method to valuation is having the item in front of me. I will not answer any questions about complex wiring for signals, DCC, or switch motor installations.

Model railroader since childhood. And that's quite a few years ago. My experience includes: Planning, Design, Benchwork Construction, Trackwork, Conceptualizing the placement of the basic scenic shell and future structure placement. Developing a "vision" of what the layout' them will be. Historical research. Model builder. Painter, Detailer and Weathering. Scenery Artisan, Model train room decorator. Freight car builder. Engine detailer. Turned my passion for model railroading to a full time career in 1998. I now design, build and construct model railroads. Focusing my skills on planning and design, model kit building services, scenery and structure installations, painting, weathering and detailing.

Manchester Chamber of Commerce. Rutland Railway Association.

Classic Toy Trains, January 2013

Self-taught Model Railroader turned professional consultant New York Institute of Technology, Communication Arts Degree C.W. Post College, Computer Graphics-Desktop Publishing Certificate Program Molloy College, MacIntosh Computer Studies-Certificate Program

Sorry, I can not reveal their names. I will tell you that my clients range from 5 year olds to 75 year olds. My layout commissions are in private homes, hobby shops, hotel lobbies, libraries, museums and historical societies.