Model Railroads/Lionel Steam Engine 8403

I purchased a Lionel steam engine # 8403 on E Bay. I was wondering if this is an AC or DC engine. I am new to Lionel. Have many American Flyers trains but wanted to try a Lionel for Christmas.

Hello Jim,

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your question.  I'm afraid that at the present time I will not be of much help.  My interest in trains is really pre-war and early post-war Lionel and American Flyer.  Also I have a keen interest in older scale models from Icken Model Locomotives.

Actually I do not even own any of the modern equipment from Lionel and MTH.  So I have attempted to educate myself in your 8403 but I have been unsuccessful so far.  I have a number of books but they are not acessable at the present.

Maybe someone else could give you a faster answer but if I do get any thing for you I will follow up with the information.  Sorry I could not be of more help.

Good luck, Charles

Model Railroads

Charles Campbell

Questions about Icken Trains ( Fred Icken). Also about electrical workings and problems with electro mechanical pinball machines. Charles

Collected pinball machines for 30 + years and do all work myself. Own a collection of Icken trains. Also many Lionel and American Flyer utems.

I subscribe to Clasic Toy Trains and am a charter subscriber.

Electical/electronics training, U.S. NAVY. BBA 1970 University of Oklahoma.

I do not sell any trains only collect so I do no have train clents. I have in the past sold many old electro-mechanical pinball machines and there have been many customers who have alled me back years later to get one fixed. This is an art that you don't find much any more and the commercial shops charge too much to get a machine fixed. I just try to keep them fixed so that they don't disapear ore are discarded.