Model Railroads/old train engine

i have a old engine made in germany elect. on side below windoes the word BING is it worth anything

Bing toys and trains were made in Germany and were extremely prolific on the varied models made for other markets outside of Europe. The united states was one of their biggest customers. If you can post a picture of your bing train I can better help you. The values are from $25 over several hundreds depending on model and condition.

Model Railroads

Jerry Loman

Any questions on American manufacturers of wind up cast iron floor trains, track trains and their litho tin cars and accessories. This would include manufacturers of the following; American Flyer,Hafner,Ives,Lionel,Marx,Dorfan and AMRR. I can identify variants in casting methodology and have experience in determining almost all manufacturing dates within catalogued identifiers. I have extensive experience in the litho tin variants of passenger and freight cars that go with the wind up sets and also many of the early electric train sets. I do not have extensive or specific experience on variations of European wind up toy trains but can help with most general questions on european cast iron wind up trains.

35 years of collecting specifically cast iron wind up trains. I have repaired and restored during this same period having made many of my own tooling to support manfacturing restoration parts and accessories. I have identified 5 toy train engines and cars that had not previousely been published in any referance or collector book.

TCA ETrain magazine. This is an online publication of general toy train interest.

I have a high school education with some college credits.