Model Railroads/Bachmann 6605 N Gage

Question
My wife bought her father a Bachmann 6605 N gage train set back in the 70's it has never been used can you tell me what it is worth today?
Thank You

Answer
Hi Bret,

Sorry to have taken so long to answer your question, but sometimes my train hobby has to take a back seat to life's other less important matters! Back in the 1970's Bachmann was a manufacturer of relatively inexpensive model trains.  With the passage of so many years, there hasn't been much appreciation of their items.  My 1970 Bachmann catalog, for example, shows a number of N scale train sets in the $20-$25 price range and the only recent sale I could find of a #6605 set sold on Proxibid on 5-29-13 for $55.00. The only way to get a better valuation assuming it is in excellent condition and in its original packaging would be to put it up for bid on eBay and see what it will sell for if there is any interest in it at all.  Items such as that set are worth only what a willing buyer will pay to a willing seller as it has little if any collector value.  Good luck.

Enwhycentral

Model Railroads

Larry Weinberg