Model Railroads/postage stamp model train by aurora

I have a postage stamp train set by aurora, its still in the original box with the manual,engine,tracks,control box and 5-cars, all marked penn central. it's a no.4728 penn central express. I would like to know the approximate value. thanks,jerrell

Aurora set boxes
Aurora set boxes  
Hi Jerrell

As with most collectables condition plays a big role in value. The 4728 set came in 3 style boxes, the book box that opens was from 1968 the big yellow box from 69-72 and the white box from 73. The book set won an award for innovative packaging from the toy industry that year but since it was sealed you could not see what you were buying and did not have much shelf presence in the store so Aurora went to the bright yellow flat box. Problem solved!  Values are down at the moment but depending on how nice everything is a good value range would be in the $35 to $70 area regardless of which box it is in. Thanks for the question!

Model Railroads

Bob Williams

My area of knowledge is with the N Scale Aurora Postage Stamp train line that was sold from 1967-1973. I can answer 99% of all questions about this line.

I have a large collection of these trains and consider myself in the top 3 experts in the country and probably the world.

10 years of collecting