Model Railroads/Left Hand and Right Hand Drive Trains.

Question
Dear Charles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic

Similar to there are Left hand and Right Hand Drive Vehicles in different countries, is this also applicable to trains ?.
Similarly the Traffic signs positions accordingly will also vary ?.

i.e

The Motorman sits on the left hand side in the cabin for Train operations  in some countries ?.
Or
The Motorman sits on the right hand side in the train cabin for Train operations  in some countries ?.
Or
Is a Universal rule applied in all countries where there will be always
motorman sitting on Left hand side or right hand side in the cabin ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Preshant,

Although I am not qualified to address this question, I will give you my theoretical answer as I percieve the question.  (Unofficial of course)

First I think this is not cost effective.  These things having a way of working themselves out through evololution of the industry. In other words "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Preshant do you have any model trains?

With Regards,

Charles Campbell

Model Railroads

Charles Campbell