Model Railroads/Power Loc Track

I Have A Layout Of 4Ftx16Ft Track Of Power-Loc Track Train Works Fine Going By Me But When It Gets To The Other Side Of The Table Train Runs Slow Checked Track seems ok, Due I Need To Add More Current to Track? Or Do I Need Rail Joiners? Or What!. Track Is 4 Ft Wide by 16Ft Long Is Ho Train. Runs Slow Or Stops.

Trains slowing down on the other side of the layout is usually inadequate transformer power, or a combination
of the wrong gauge of wire used to connect the track to the transformer. If the railroad is HO scale, the ideal
gauge wire for good electrical conductivity is between: 14AWG to 18AWG stranded wire. Try to upgrade your
connecting wire to this suitable gauge.

Other needs might be to string a jumper wire to the far side of the table. Try that and see what happens.  This
should solve the problem. It all depends on what type of transformer is used, the wiring conditions and maybe
the track may also need cleaning. This is a step by step process for you to experiment with. Good luck and let
me know what happens.

John Schaub

Model Railroads

John Schaub

I can answer the following questions: Almost anything about the hobby, except complex electrical questions. Anything about table construction, model kit building, layout scenery, weathering and painting, adding lighting to structures and scenery. I cannot answer questions about the value or appraisal of an item through an e-mail question. The only true method to valuation is having the item in front of me. I will not answer any questions about complex wiring for signals, DCC, or switch motor installations.

Model railroader since childhood. And that's quite a few years ago. My experience includes: Planning, Design, Benchwork Construction, Trackwork, Conceptualizing the placement of the basic scenic shell and future structure placement. Developing a "vision" of what the layout' them will be. Historical research. Model builder. Painter, Detailer and Weathering. Scenery Artisan, Model train room decorator. Freight car builder. Engine detailer. Turned my passion for model railroading to a full time career in 1998. I now design, build and construct model railroads. Focusing my skills on planning and design, model kit building services, scenery and structure installations, painting, weathering and detailing.

Manchester Chamber of Commerce. Rutland Railway Association.

Classic Toy Trains, January 2013

Self-taught Model Railroader turned professional consultant New York Institute of Technology, Communication Arts Degree C.W. Post College, Computer Graphics-Desktop Publishing Certificate Program Molloy College, MacIntosh Computer Studies-Certificate Program

Sorry, I can not reveal their names. I will tell you that my clients range from 5 year olds to 75 year olds. My layout commissions are in private homes, hobby shops, hotel lobbies, libraries, museums and historical societies.