Model Railroads/Power Loc Track

Question
I Have A Layout Of 4Ftx16Ft Track Of Power-Loc Track Train Works Fine Going By Me But When It Gets To The Other Side Of The Table Train Runs Slow Checked Track seems ok, Due I Need To Add More Current to Track? Or Do I Need Rail Joiners? Or What!. Track Is 4 Ft Wide by 16Ft Long Is Ho Train. Runs Slow Or Stops.

Answer
Trains slowing down on the other side of the layout is usually inadequate transformer power, or a combination
of the wrong gauge of wire used to connect the track to the transformer. If the railroad is HO scale, the ideal
gauge wire for good electrical conductivity is between: 14AWG to 18AWG stranded wire. Try to upgrade your
connecting wire to this suitable gauge.

Other needs might be to string a jumper wire to the far side of the table. Try that and see what happens.  This
should solve the problem. It all depends on what type of transformer is used, the wiring conditions and maybe
the track may also need cleaning. This is a step by step process for you to experiment with. Good luck and let
me know what happens.

John Schaub
www.modelrailroadsbyjohn.com

Model Railroads

John Schaub