Model Railroads/o gauge switch

Question
I would like to cut the power to a side track after I have put a train there so I can operate another train while it is on the side track.  How do I cut the power to the side track and still maintain power to the running track?

Thanks
Larry7yinl

Answer
Thanks Larry7yinl,

If I understand your question correctly, I would insulate the center rail (speaking Lionel), of the side track and connect it back to power with a single pole switch at your controls.  Single pole as you may know is simply an on and off switch.  After moving the train to the insulated side track you would simply turn the switch to off.  The stitch is referred to as a SPST switch which means a single pole single throw.  Then when you are ready to activate the train on the side track then put the switch to on.

I hope this helps.

Charles

Model Railroads

Charles Campbell