Model Railroads/Motorman Train Driving Licence.

Dear John

1 Is there a Motorman Train driving licence?.
2 Is it to be renewed after a certain period?.
3 Separate class mentioned for mail Express and local trains driving in the licence?.

A railroad career in any area of the world is probably based on the same idea or principal.
For a person to become an engineer, they must go through the ranks of working from the
bottom up. Starting as a trainman, brakeman and moving up to conductor is part of their
journey to eventually qualify to test and become an engineer (motorman). The process can
take years. Along with schooling and practical knowledge of the railroad system. They need
to apprentice with a mentor or teacher that will lead them to qualify for the job. Usually an
engineer (motorman) is on probation for an extended period of time. They may bid on jobs
in either passenger service along with qualifying for freight service or as you mentioned mail
express. If an engineer is caught making a violation in the operation of a train; they can be
supsended or transferred to another position. As long as their safety record is good, they may
run on a job for a lifetime.

Model Railroads

John Schaub

I can answer the following questions: Almost anything about the hobby, except complex electrical questions. Anything about table construction, model kit building, layout scenery, weathering and painting, adding lighting to structures and scenery. I cannot answer questions about the value or appraisal of an item through an e-mail question. The only true method to valuation is having the item in front of me. I will not answer any questions about complex wiring for signals, DCC, or switch motor installations.

Model railroader since childhood. And that's quite a few years ago. My experience includes: Planning, Design, Benchwork Construction, Trackwork, Conceptualizing the placement of the basic scenic shell and future structure placement. Developing a "vision" of what the layout' them will be. Historical research. Model builder. Painter, Detailer and Weathering. Scenery Artisan, Model train room decorator. Freight car builder. Engine detailer. Turned my passion for model railroading to a full time career in 1998. I now design, build and construct model railroads. Focusing my skills on planning and design, model kit building services, scenery and structure installations, painting, weathering and detailing.

Manchester Chamber of Commerce. Rutland Railway Association.

Classic Toy Trains, January 2013

Self-taught Model Railroader turned professional consultant New York Institute of Technology, Communication Arts Degree C.W. Post College, Computer Graphics-Desktop Publishing Certificate Program Molloy College, MacIntosh Computer Studies-Certificate Program

Sorry, I can not reveal their names. I will tell you that my clients range from 5 year olds to 75 year olds. My layout commissions are in private homes, hobby shops, hotel lobbies, libraries, museums and historical societies.