Models/Assessing the value of a collection

Question
I need help figuring out how to get an assessment or valuation of a collection of plastic model airplanes.  They are currently being catalogued into a spreadsheet.

Thanks,  Tara

Answer
Hello Tara,

Unless the collection is fairly small (less than 100 kits)  The best bet is to call a local dealer and see what price they are willing to pay for the whole lot.  You would certainly get more selling via sites like ebay, where you could also search for similar kits to determine fair market value.  

If you are not selling them just trying to figure out worth, you can search online hobby shops to get retail value of each kit, then deduct about 10-15% for kits still in shrink wrap, and a bit more for opened kits.

Models

Dr. John F. Steinman