Mold/the best way to test myself?

Question
Hi: I think I have mould. I spoke to someone on this site, they said to get an inspector. I will but to put my mind at ease I would like to do something myself. What is a relatively inexpensive way to test for mould? I see a 14 dollar kit at the hardware store, would that be a waste of time? and what about the wood damp tester they sell on ebay for about 10 dollars? What do you think?

Thanks,

Penny

Answer
Hi Penny, you can buy a test kit at the hardware store and test for mold yourself according to the instructions on the package. You can also use a visual test yourself. The following web sites have pictures of different molds on them that you can use to identify the mold you may have. www.epa.gov/mold and www.cdc.gov/mold. Some molds are invisible so for 100% assurance you may want to buy and use a test kit. Good luck! Daniel  

Mold

Daniel Cetrone