Mold/mold in babies room

I  just  wiped off some black mold  from the  window sills in my babies room.  it  was also on the curtain a bit. I  have the curtain washing in the washing machine.  I've now noticed that most of my other  upstairs Windows have this mold on them too.  my Windows have curtains over them so I guess I just haven't noticed it until now.  I'm just wondering what to do. I  fear I may have inadvertently spread mold spores when I cleaned the Windows in the babies room. I'm  scared she'll become sick and I already feel like I have a sore throat ( but it's probably my overactive mind freaking myself out).  what should I do?  should I be  concerned?  is this the really bad mold I've heard of,  or  just a  common   non-harmful  mold?  thanks for your info.

Hi Jade, where is the moisture coming from that caused the black mold? Does the place you live in have high humidity? You may need to get a dehumidifier and run it at 50% or less humidity rate to dry the air in the rooms. Mold grows when there is high moisture, a food source and air.
The black mold needs to be cleaned with a proper mold cleaner. You can buy that at most stores that sell cleaning products or make some up yourself with water and bleach. 80% water and 20% bleach and add an ounce of detergent if you are mixing up a gallon of this cleaner.
Here are two web sites that have more information that will help you. and Good luck, Daniel  

Daniel Cetrone

I am probably able to help you understand the mold problem you are having, why it is happening and what to do about it! Most mold problems small, thus easy and simple to remediate. Large mold problems are a different case! They can cause an entire home to be unhabitable!

I am a residentail contractor with 29 years or experience remodeling, repairing and building homes. Throughout many of those I handled insurance damage restoration and remediation projects.

Fitchburg State College, Secondary Education Major, Industrial Ars specialty 1975 Water Damage Restoration certification from (IICRC) Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification 2000