Mold/Mold stains

Question
Hi Daniel,

I know this is not directly related to odor, but it is to humidity/mold. I added some sand to my punching bag, and it seems that the sand was wet. The canvas became stained green like with mold How can I fix that? Is there a way to get rid of the mold and the stains preferably w/o having to get all the sand out?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Answer
Hi Rick, unfortunately the only way to resolve this is to remove all the sand and let it dry in the sun. Then the bag may have to be professionally dry cleaned. Canvas is notorious for getting moldy cleaning it yourself likely won't get rid of the mold. I wish I had better news for you but I don't. Good luck, Daniel

Mold

Daniel Cetrone