Mold/Mold stains

Hi Daniel,

I know this is not directly related to odor, but it is to humidity/mold. I added some sand to my punching bag, and it seems that the sand was wet. The canvas became stained green like with mold How can I fix that? Is there a way to get rid of the mold and the stains preferably w/o having to get all the sand out?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Rick, unfortunately the only way to resolve this is to remove all the sand and let it dry in the sun. Then the bag may have to be professionally dry cleaned. Canvas is notorious for getting moldy cleaning it yourself likely won't get rid of the mold. I wish I had better news for you but I don't. Good luck, Daniel

Daniel Cetrone

I am probably able to help you understand the mold problem you are having, why it is happening and what to do about it! Most mold problems small, thus easy and simple to remediate. Large mold problems are a different case! They can cause an entire home to be unhabitable!

I am a residentail contractor with 29 years or experience remodeling, repairing and building homes. Throughout many of those I handled insurance damage restoration and remediation projects.

Fitchburg State College, Secondary Education Major, Industrial Ars specialty 1975 Water Damage Restoration certification from (IICRC) Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification 2000