Mold/Condo apt


Hi Dan,

Thanks for this, I have been having respiratory symptoms and irritating sinus pressure and eyes when I enter my condo where I live,  I bought a mold test kit from Lowes and it grew a scary number of fungi in less than 24 hours, nothing grew in 4 days wight the same kit at my girlfriends . A moisture intrusion expert came in and found no moisture intrusion or visible mold.

Not sure where to go from here, the mold is  definitely there , it grew twice within 24 hours inspite of airing out my condo and using a Hepa filtered air purifier.
Please help.



Hi David, the mold is causing you respiratory problems irritating your sinuses and eyes. So, the situation is bad enough to cause you health issues. That will continue if you live there and nothing is done about remediating the mold. I suggest that you contact a "mold expert" in your area and get an opinion as to what is causing the mild to be active and grow. Then he/she will be able to determine a remediation solution. I wish I had an easy answer but I don't and you need to solve the problem or move! Good luck. Daniel  


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Daniel Cetrone


I am probably able to help you understand the mold problem you are having, why it is happening and what to do about it! Most mold problems small, thus easy and simple to remediate. Large mold problems are a different case! They can cause an entire home to be unhabitable!


I am a residentail contractor with 29 years or experience remodeling, repairing and building homes. Throughout many of those I handled insurance damage restoration and remediation projects.

Fitchburg State College, Secondary Education Major, Industrial Ars specialty 1975 Water Damage Restoration certification from (IICRC) Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification 2000

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]