Mold/Shower mold

Hi Daniel,

I've reviewed some of your answers regarding mold, but still wanted to include my own (and a pic).  It appears that mold is forming in a lower inside corner of the shower.  I don't think it's coming from inside the wall.  A cleaning lady once was able to seemingly eradicate most of it with bleach and ammonia.  Any ideas on how to handle?  Thanks.

First of all never mix bleach and ammonia that will produce a gas that can kill anyone who breathes it in.  Use a mold cleaner that you buy from Home Depot, Lowes, local hardware store or other retailers that sell safe mold cleaners. Read the label on the container carefully and follow their instructions. That should do it if not, contact me for further information. Good luck, Daniel

Daniel Cetrone

I am probably able to help you understand the mold problem you are having, why it is happening and what to do about it! Most mold problems small, thus easy and simple to remediate. Large mold problems are a different case! They can cause an entire home to be unhabitable!

I am a residentail contractor with 29 years or experience remodeling, repairing and building homes. Throughout many of those I handled insurance damage restoration and remediation projects.

Fitchburg State College, Secondary Education Major, Industrial Ars specialty 1975 Water Damage Restoration certification from (IICRC) Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification 2000